Student’s Name:__________________________ Class: ___________Admission No.:___________Roll No.:________
Paper: Biology Total Marks: 20
Q.1 Choice the correct option (A.B.C.D)?
1. In wood stems and roots, the gaseous exchange occurs through:
(a) lenticels (b) epidermal cells (c) stomata (d) micropyle
2. In man, the system of gaseous exchange is:
(a) digestive system (b) respiratory system (c) nervous system (d) excretory system
3. It is also called sound box:
(a) trachea (b) larynx (c) pharynx (d) bronchus
4. Cartilage is absent in:
(a) trachea (b) larynx (c) bronchi (d) bronchioles
5. The structural and functional unit of lungs is:
(a) trachea (b) pharynx (c) bronchioles (d) alveolus
6. Lungs are enclosed in a membrane called:
(a) peritoneum (b) pleural membrane (c) epidermis (d) pericardium
7. The correct list of respiratory disorders is:
(a) Asthma,emphysema,pneumonia,bronchitis (b) Asthma,pneumonia,haemophylia,typhoid
(c) Asthma,blood cancer,emphysema,cholera(d) Asthma,cholera,emphysema,malaria
8. The uncontrolled cell divisions in lungs tissue are called:
(a) Bronchitis (b) emphysema (c) cancer (d) Asthma
9. The major cause of lungs cancer is:
(a) nicotine (b) smoking (c) viral infection (d) radiation
10. A disease involving the breakdown of air sacs of the lungs is:
(a) Bronchitis (b) emphysema (c) pneumonia (d) asthma
Q. 2 (Short Questions)
1.What type of cartilage is present in trachea? What is its function?
2.What is a diaphragm? What is its function?
3.What is emphysema and its symptoms?
4.What are the causes of lungs cancer?
5.How many smoking affects the circulatory system?