Paper: English Class: 9 Time Allowed: One Hour Marks: 25
Q. 1 (A)Choose the correct form of verb: (5)
1. She ………….. her cat very much.
(a) loves (b) is loved (c) loved (d) was loved
2. I have not ……………… you since Monday.
(a) sees (b) seeing (c) saw (d) seen
3. The sun had not …………… before we were ready to leave.
(a) rise (b) rose (c) risen (d) rising
4. They ……………. their work by tomorrow.
(a) completes (b) are completed (c) will complete (d) completed
5. He will have ………….. twenty minutes ago.
(a) leave (b) leaving (c) leaves (d) left
(B) Choose the correct meanings of the underlined word. (5)
6. It was such a delicate situation.
(a) difficult (b) easy (c) sensitive (d) fragile
7. Abu Jehl began knocking at the door violently.
(a) politely (b) slowly (c) forcefully (d) angrily
8. She simply posed a counter question that infuriated Abu Jehl.
(a) pleased (b) helped (c) annoyingly (d) extremely angry
9. She always remained unswerving.
(a) patient (b) firm and resolute (c) ready to face (d) prepared for the worst
10. The Holy Prophet migrated from Makkah to Madinah. Migrated means:
(a) went (b) travelled (c) moved and settled (d) visited
Q.2 Answer the following questions. (10)
(i) Why was Hazrat Abu Quhaffa worried?
(ii) How did Hazrat Asma console her grandfather?
(iii) Who was Hazrat Abdullah bin Zubair?
(iv) Which incident in the story showed Hazrat Asma’s love and respect for the Holy Prophet?
(v) What message do you get from the life of Hazrat Asma?