Paper: English Class: 9 Time Allowed: One Hour Marks: 25
Q. 1 (A)Choose the correct form of verb: (5)
1. She ………….. English now.
(a) speak (b) speaks (c) is speaking (d) spoken
2. For how long did you …………… here?
(a) waits (b) waited (c) waiting (d) wait
3. The peon has been ……………. the bell for ten minutes.
(a) ringing (b) ring (c) rang (d) rung
4. It …………… to rain an hour ago.
(a) begins (b) is beginning (c) began (d) begun
5. I …………….. this exercise in an hour’s time.
(a) finish (b) finishes (c) shall finish (d) has finished
(B) Choose the word with correct spellings: (3)
6. (a) keeness (b) kenness (c) keenness (d) keennass
7. (a) permanant (b) parmanant (c) permaanent (d) permanent
8. (a) fortone (b) fortune (c) fartune (d) fartun
(C) Choose the correct option according to the grammar: (2)
9. He has been playing football since morning.
(a) adverb of place (b) adverb of origin
(c) adverb of manner (d) adverb of time
10. After entering the house, television is switched on by us. The underlined word is a / an:
(a) noun (b) pronoun (c) gerund (d) infinite
Q.2 Answer the following questions. (10)
(i) Who was Helen Keller?
(ii) What makes you feel that the author is sad and depressed?
(iii) How do you get an impression that Helen Keller was a great admirer of Nature?
(iv) What did she want to introduce in universities and why?
(v) What is meant by the phrase “eat, drink, and be merry”?